Robert Roe Award for Outstanding Contribution of Psychology to Society
CALL for NOMINATIONS 2017 is closed. We thank you all for your interest!
Robert Roe was President of EFPA from 2009 to 2015. He has throughout his career been instrumental and influential in bringing Psychologists across Europe together.
He was one of the founders of EAWOP (one of EFPA’s Associate member associations), and has emphasized that psychologists should focus on how the discipline can contribute towards making a better society. In this line Robert Roe has established contacts with policymakers in Brussel and invigorated and stimulated EFPA to be more relevant to society.
This award was established to honour Robert Roe and his work.
The Robert A. Roe Award for Outstanding Contribution of Psychology to Society is an EFPA award initiated by EFPA, EAWOP, the Department of Organization Studies of Maastricht University, and the Research Institute IDOCAL of University of Valencia.
The award will be given to a psychologist who has made
- an outstanding contribution to bringing psychologists from all over Europe together, either from a scientific, professional, practical, or policy-making perspective and
- through his/her academic and/or practical work, emphasized or demonstrated the relevance of psychological knowledge for society.
- Junior psychologists are also eligible where the criteria are shifted towards first signs of and great potential for outstanding contributions.
2. The Selection Committee and application procedure
The EFPA Executive Council decides on the composition of the Selection Committee which will be chaired by the EFPA President and have a maximum of 7 members. Members will be invited by the executive council for a period of 4 years.
Application procedure: ( each document to be sent as a separate file in pdf format)
- a letter of nomination must be signed by two nominators
- a statement as to how the nominee meets the criteria (see point 1)
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae with contact details (email address and picture in jpg format).
- call for nomination
- nominations to be sent to headoffice(at)efpa (dot)eu by November 30
- all parties related to EFPA can nominate candidates for the award.
- nominations will be selected according to stated criteria by the selection committee
- Decision will be made based on a vote of the members of the Selection committee.
- Deadline for nomination: November 30, the year preceding the ECP conference
- November 30: deadline for sending in nominations
- By December 31: Selection Committee screens nominations and informs decision to the EFPA EC
- January 31: EFPA EC confirms winner of the award, and institutions involved in the award are notified
- Feb 15, Winner to be notified by EFPA – Arrangements regarding awarding procedure and keynote at ECP to be arranged by ECP organisers.
- July: Award presented at the ECP Opening Ceremony and lecture of the award winner during the ECP.
Organisational matters after the selection:
The Robert Roe Award is awarded during the Opening Ceremony of the European Congress of Psychology by the President of EFPA
The Robert Roe Award Lecture will be delivered during the European Congress of Psychology.
Arrangements for the awarding of the Prize and for the Lecture (travel, hotel, program) will be made by the organizers of each European Congress of Psychology and are mentioned in the ECP agreement.