ESTSS - European Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
Accepted by GA 2013
- ESTSS seeks to ensure that clinical research and policy practices in the field of psychotraumatology are informed by evidence systematically gathered and publicly scrutinised.
- ESTSS seeks to ensure continued prominence is given to all aspects of traumatic stress and its many repercussions.
- ESTSS seeks to promote networking between individuals and organisations within the field of psychotraumatology.
The main objectives of ESTSS, contained within the ESTSS mission statement, are:
- To increase and disseminate knowledge of traumatic stress based on good science.
- To identify cross European issues, such as differences in training and certification.
- To stimulate cross European training for different levels of certification.
- To stimulate and help to set up local societies in different European countries.
- To help establish European wide research on traumatic stress.
- To focus on European issues relating to traumatic stress, e.g. disaster response, uniform services, child abuse etc.
- To liaise with pan-European and international organisations/bodies.
President : Vedat Sar
Website : https://www.estss.org/